Saturday, April 03, 2010

A magazine for the forward looking seasoned citizen

Just when I thought I've gotten off the seasoned citizen mailing list I got this in the mail. Why think about 15% unemployment, and 70% taxation when you can lose yourself in a magazine about the past. I, for one, would love to lose myself in this bi-monthly journal of America's great past. I'm not sure what to read about first: the gas embargo, the Vietnam War, the Studebaker, Formica, the frost free Frigidaire. This magazine could be a great conversation starter in the Day-Room when those long awkward pauses stretch into the next meal. This is like crack for old blowhards that have opinions about everything. Imagine the hours of rambling conversations all starting with "I remember." I guess it's better to reminisce about your old De Soto than get anxious about where you left your teeth or your last bowel movement. I can see this magazine doing to cognitive function what the Scooter Store does to mobility; prematurely decreasing it. This magazine is perfect for those whose short term memory just isn't what it used to be. I just mailed the card in for my free issue of Reminisce. I'm not sure I remembered to fill it out.

Anyway, my 53 Chevy Bel-Air was a great car.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. You are one bitter person with issues, obviously.

Get a life, and quit getting pissed off at people who do have lives and can look back without getting psycho.

aannie said...

Babba, Obviously the editor of Reminisce Magazine found your post and did not find it amusing!

goober said...

Haha, Babba has a troll!