Saturday, October 30, 2010

Your Father's Oldsmobile


The Oldsmobile's A/C quit working. I noticed it getting a little tepid in August. I'm glad it lasted til October. Down here A/C becomes life support in the summer. Now, this can be a terminal event in a seventeen year old car. As a matter of opinion, I considered the Freon12 A/C in the Olds was its best feature. I have all winter to ponder the option of selling my last connection to Petersburg, W.V.


I got this car and a 98 Olds Delta 88 from Hospice Motors. A nurse in the Hospice Unit would let me in on some real deals from her patients who wanted to divest themselves of their Detroit Iron before they passed. CP loved her Delta 88 which two deer totaled for me about a mile outside of Petersburg. We got more money from Geico for the car than we payed for it.


Maybe because of my Autism Spectrum Disorder I'm more sentimental about cars than people.
I refused to sell my 88 4-Runner to some teenager who wouldn't appreciate it, and would probably kill himself with it. I found it a nice home with an older gentleman in Red House, W.V.
I probably can get about $1000 bucks for this car even without A/C and with a noisy muffler. However, ten Franklins in my hand won't be enough to make up for a car that can take you down the Interstate on a Flying-Couch at 75 mph.



2 comments:

D- said...

Sounds like the "old man's car" has to go down the road.
To every [thing there is] a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:...A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away...

M- said...

This post is a gas.

The family is fine, thanks for asking.