Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A little taste of heaven

Today at work one of the venders brought in donuts. Not Duncan or Krispy-Kreme but Entenmann's. I hadn't had one for over three years and with my first bite I was transported back to a happier time. A time when I could laugh off 300 calories, a time before Al-Qaeda and Global Warming. I did have a two donut a day habit, but I was happy. The sky seemed bluer and the birds sang louder as I savored of my chocolate Entenmann's donuts . I must move ahead with my life and strengthen what remains, but my heart will always remain here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The shower was one thing .....but the toilet???? I draw the line!
D

Aunt Dot said...

What, were you a policeman in your previous life?:-0

Anonymous said...

Ah, the Entenmann years....

Sounds like a Frank Sinatra song doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

They're so much more substantial than Krispy Kreme. They're Real Donuts.