Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Night At The Opera

Just one more week of Carol in Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber's Music of the Night concert. Carol and I were discussing the high ticket price of $40 as we sat down in Sunday School. We kept talking after we sat down. I guess I was talking with my usual loud voice (voice modulation disorder). After Carol gets up for coffee the young lady sitting next to me asks me what show we were talking about. I tell her and explain we were discussing how the high ticket price was beyond the budget of young families.

Well guess what? This young lady is an administrative assistant for the Asheville Lyric Opera. It was like two sisters separated at birth found each other after forty years. The good news is the opera doesn't perform thirty performances over three weeks. Now Carol has an IN with the Asheville Opera; as if she ever has trouble getting a lead. I had the right to remain silent; but not the ability.

No comments: